The application period for the Summer 2017 Internship Program described below has closed. (For professional internships, please contact the Human Resources Office).
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is pleased to announce the launch of its Summer Internship program. Through this program, CyI aims to expose young talented scholars to an international laboratory experience and to encourage and inspire them in the pursuit of a scientific career. Interns will have a unique opportunity to carry out research supervised by a lab mentor and to be introduced to the use of the latest methods and techniques and to have access to the state-of-the-art facilities of The Cyprus Institute.
Applications are welcome from outstanding candidates worldwide with a keen interest and a relevant scientific background in the following scientific domains:
ENERGY, ENVIRONMENT AND ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCES
- Solar Energy and Desalination
- Climate Change Modelling and Impacts
- Environmental Research and Monitoring
- Water Research and Management
- Sustainability and Built Environment
- Energy Systems and Energy Policy
- Air Quality Observations and Modelling
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY IN CULTURAL HERITAGE
- Digital Libraries, Digital Cultural Heritage Studies
- Scientific Visualization, Visual Computing including Virtual Environments and Interactive Design for the study of Built Heritage
- Research in Art and Architecture
- Archaeological Analysis, Archeomaterials, Provenance studies
- Novel Computer Technologies
- Lattice QCD
- Climate Modelling
- Digital Cultural Heritage
- Computational Chemistry
- Computational Fluid Dynamics with Applications in Energy
- Medical Imaging
- “Inverse Problems” Quantum & Classical
The internships will be of 8 weeks duration and must take place between June 15 and September 30.
- Be undergraduates (the summer before or after their senior year) or Master’s students with an excellent academic record and a strong interest in research (prior lab or modelling experience is considered an advantage)
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to a multicultural/multinational environment
- Have very good knowledge of oral and written English
Applications should be submitted through the online internship application (the application is now closed for the summer 2017 Internship Program). The following supporting documents must be uploaded when filling out the online application:
- University transcripts. All transcripts to date should be included.
- English Language Proficiency Certificate. This may either be a letter from the student’s university verifying that their degree program is offered in English, or if the degree is not offered at an English- medium institution students should provide a certificate verifying English language proficiency (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS etc.).
On the application, students are also asked to select 3 areas of research interest as per the scientific domains listed in the table above. The three selections may be from the same field category or from different field categories.
Applicants must also justify their choices in a 300 word statement. Detailed instructions about the statement can be found on the online application.
June 9, 2017
Financial aid for housing and travelling can be provided depending on need and country of residence